What are the things you have to consider when you need to write a post with urgency?
For example, what can you do if you need to publish an article on your blog within the same day, but you have many other things to do?
Is there a guide to follow in order to create quality content for your blog in a short time?
Of course, there are some steps you can follow.
So here are my tips on how to write a blog post of good quality in an emergency situation.
1. Be Free of Distractions
You know you have limited time, so be sure to avoid any possible distractions while you dedicate yourself to write the content.
The ideal situation should be to remove completely the internet connection and have just your text editor open.
No Twitter, no Facebook, no emails.
Personal tip :
It may seem weird, but I use earplugs : in this way there is no noise that bother me and I can just focus on writing.
2. Choose an Idea Quickly
Basically, you have to decide quickly what topic you will write about in your blog post.
For example, you can rely on these sources of inspiration :
– what you like to write about in this very moment;
– an important news that concerns your niche;
– a comment on a particularly challenging post of an influential blogger;
– the deepening or the refreshment of topics covered in an old post of your blog;
– write about important research or studies that relate to your niche.
3. Write the Post
This is the stage in which you do the real work.
Here are some recommendations to get results that are satisfactory :
– write down the most important points of your post. Then you can develop them;
– keep in mind what is the target to which you are addressing;
– write the post all in one breath, and only at a later time you can worry about editing your text;
– a good post should be authoritative, so be sure to always cite the sources of data or facts that you refer to in your content;
– write in a simple way.
Your goal in the post is to produce something interesting and useful for your readers.
4. Format the Content
This part should be easy, if you are a blogger with some experience.
You should add the correct punctuation and divide the content into short paragraphs.
You need also to evaluate the placement of links for further information, which can be either internal (ie links to your old blog posts) and external (ie links to quality resources written by other bloggers).
When you have finished the post, make a 2 minute break, and then begin the proofreading.
You should read your content at least twice, in order to track all the mistakes or misspellings.
You can use online tools like Paperrater, to boost this process.
When you think your article is ready to be published, then you should read it once again.
You Can Promote Your Post Now
You’ve been so good to quickly complete your task, that you can still invest some time in market your content.
In order to promote your post you can:
– share it on the most popular social networks – Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn;
– share it on websites for content curation (such as Scoop.it);
– inform the publication of your post to some of the most influential bloggers in your niche, especially those you mentioned. You can do this easily by commenting on their latest blog posts;
– share the content on the most popular blogging communities, like Klinkk.
You’ve just read some important tips to consider when you need to write an article in a short time.
For example, this post was written by following these points.
What do you think?
Can you write a good article in less than an hour?
Do you have some other suggestions to add?
Please share your experience in the comments below, thanks!