You may be a little bit confused – even my domain name tells you, that there is no passive income at all… So, where is the truth?
OK – I’ll reveal you a secret. There is not passive income in Internet! And please read this article very carefully – more than 99% of bloggers doesn’t earn a decent income from their websites (blogs, niche sites and other sites)!
Each time, when you want to earn money online, you must work – sometimes more, sometimes less. And in this post I’ll show you, what online passive income is, what skills you should have as a blogger and five money making ideas for bloggers. These concepts don’t need a lot of time, sometimes you can forget about your online business for some months (so they are ALMOST passive, but not passive!), and, for this reason, they are ideal for bloggers.
But before revealing you these 5 concepts, please let me tell you, what does passive income means for me.
So, passive income means an income generated regularly without any effort. Only effort is (if any) needed at the beginning, when you setup an account in your bank 🙂
Examples of passive income:
-interest of deposits
-rent from real estate (if they don’t need active management!)
-royalties (from written books, screenplays, software programs)
-pension (when you retired, you will get some money as a regular, monthly pension)
Online passive income means for me:
- Hard work on the beginning (maximal one month of effort, but you may work 16 hours a day 🙂 )
- Automation for almost everything, for example purchase, payment, etc. (you should simplify everything as much as possible!)
- Little time for maintaining it (monthly it should be less than one working day)
- Possibility of delegating tasks to somebody else (so you may go for your monthly holidays)
Now you know what passive income (normal and online) means for me. Does it mean the same for you? But let’s go to another aspects of blogging for money 🙂
As a powerful blogger:
1) You are excellent writer (if you are not good writer, please read 10 Article Writing Tips, How To Write Killer Article
2) You know, how to get a lot of traffic (if not, please read: 8 Helpful Tips, How To Promote Your Blog)
3) You have a big email list (if not, please read this post 12 Action Steps To Build A Profitable Email List From Scratch by Michael Chibuzor)
4) You are aware of it, how your blog may be successful (if you are not aware of it, you must read my guest post 3 Vital Tips For Creating A Successful Blog
With above mentioned assumptions, now you are ready to learn 5 Money Making Ideas for Bloggers. All of them, when properly used, fulfill my requirements about online passive income. Here you are:
- Prepare an online product (for example an eBook)
You can earn money by selling it by yourself, or by creating affiliate channels for selling it. In this case you will share some profits with your affiliates (as commission).
- Create niche site(s)
Your income will be generated by placing contextual ads on this site. Best choice for contextual advertisement is Google Adsense, alternatively you may choose Chitika for instance
- Product site
It is a mix of points mentioned above. You can create online product (it may be eBook as well) for example WordPress Plugin. But you can promote someone’s product too (in that case, you will get commission from product creator. And you sell this product via your optimized website.
- Use your email list
If your list is enough big, you can try to monetize it through affiliate links, sponsored emails, or paid reviews
- Make a paid membership site
It’s very simple model of earning – you create great content, limit it only for paid access, and invite your readers (which trust you, that it is worth for paying for it).
If you want to learn more, you may read How To Make Money Online – 10 best ways for doing it!
And how about you? What does “passive income” means for you? Or maybe you have another useful concept how to earn money online?