Each blogger use a lot of sources and tools. A lot of them are available online.
Below is a list of Top 100 websites, which every blogger should know and use. I spent a lot of hours preparing this list, but some websites may be out of date. If you find such links, please leave a comment about it below this article.
For better navigation, I order them in such groups of links
Top 100 websites for bloggers
1. Google.com – most famous search engine in the world
2. Bing.com – 2nd search engine for English language market
3. Search.com – aggregate in one place search results from best engines
4. Baidu.com – 1st search engine for China language
5. Yandex.ru – the largest search engine in Russia
Some free WordPress Themes:
6. WPdaddy themes – a lot of free WP themes (but be careful – some of them are not free!)
7. Free WordPress Themes 4 U (if you need to remove sponsored ads, you need to pay 19.95$ to get the key)
8. TopWPThemes – another website with some themes for WP
And some paid WP themes:
9. Theme Junkie – premium WordPress themes with one-time fee starting at 29.95$ (but for 39.95$ you will get allWP Junkie themes and life time support). This blog is based on one of WP Junkie themes – Smart Blog theme
10. Thesis WP Themes – pricing starts at 87$ for one website
12. WordPress Plugins from yoast.com – some useful plugins made by Joost de Valk, most of them are free
13. WPMU DEV – WordPress plugins by WPMUdev team
14. Blogger.com – Google’s platform for bloggers, integrated with Google Accounts
15. WordPress.com – it’s free and open source platform for bloggers.
16. Xanga.com – network of blogging and social networking communities
17. Tumblr. – you can share here everything you want – text, photos, videos, links, etc.
18. Moveble Type – another social publishing platform
19. Google Analytics – free statistics with huge amount of reports and tracking tools.
20. Piwik – open source web analytics tool. It is really good tool, but needs installation on own web server
21. AWStats – free tool for advanced web statistics analysis
22. StatCounter –Statistics tool for your website with real-time analysis of the visitors. It’s free for 250k monthly pageload. Above it, it’s paid monthly
23. Site meter – this counter and statistics tracker has, similarly to StatCounter, 2 options. SiteMeter Basic is for free, and Sitemeter Premium is starting at 6.95$
24. Hostgator – this blog is hosted by Hostgator – it’s not free hosting (prices started at about 4$ a month) but it’s stable and easy to use
25. BlueHost– another hosting recommended by some bloggers
26. OVH – hosting for sites in Europe
27. IQ.pl – hosting not only for Polish sites 🙂
28. GoDaddy.com – another hosting for your website
30. Zanox.com – this network offers publishers and advertisers a lot of affiliates program. It’s European market leader in this area.
31. Clickbank – it’s online program for buying and selling digital or information products. It’s one of the biggest affiliate’s network system
32. Tradedoubler – this is also European program for affiliate marketing, with a lot of websites and ads publishers
33. Chitika – it’s non-contextual online-ads service, which may be used simultaneously with Google AdSense ads
34. Fotolia.com – one of the best stock with royalty free photos, images, videos and vectors
35. Istockphoto.com – another website with a lot of royalty free images and photos
36. Photoxpress.com – some photos and images on this website are free of charge
37. Flickr.com – photo sharing and image hosting website
38. Shutterstock.com – another stock with royalty-free photos, illustrations and vectors
39. Google keyword tool – It’s very popular keyword tool, feeded with data by Google. It’s not perfect, but it’s free of charge!
40. Market Samurai – this keyword analysis tool has a lot of useful functions – keyword research, seo competition, finding domains, etc. This tool is used by more than 200 000 users (including me). It’s paid tool (price is not low – it’s one time fee of 149$), but there is 12 day trial – you can download it for free here! If you buy it in 5 days since downloading, you will paid only 97$ for it
41. Keyword Research Suite from WordStream – it’s free only in very limited area, paid plans starts at 329$ a year
42. Traffic Travis – another tool for keyword research. It has both free (limited for 5 projects) and paid (only 97$) versions
43. Keyword Elite – it’s keyword Research tool by Brad Callen. It also cost 97$
44. Majesticseo.com – site explorer for your backlinks, neighbourhood checker and more. It’s better than Yahoo Site Explorer was!
45. Alexa.com – it provides a lot of information about websites, their audience, traffic and keywords. Completely free and without registration
46. Whois.Net – tool which help you reveal who is behind each domain
47. WayBack Machine – it’s “time machine” for websites. If you want to see, how did web page look like in the past, you must use this time machine 🙂
48. CleverStat – on this site you can find a lot of useful SEO tools for bloggers and website owners. Some of them are free (for example PaRaMeter, which allows you to check Google PageRank), some aren’t…
49. AWEBER – email marketing software (used also by me) with prices started at 19$ a month (you can try it for 1$ for first month)
50. Constant Contact – email, event and social marketing solution for you with 60 days trial
51. Get Response – email marketing platform with powerful autoresponder with few pricing plans
52. iContact – another autoresponder with additional features
53. MailChimp – free email marketing service. It’s totally free for 12k emails per month (or for 2000 subscribers)
54. Matt Cuts blog – blog of Matt Cutts, head of Google’s Web spam team
55. SEOmoz blog– most famous blog (and not only blog) about SEO
56. Search Engine Land – news, tips & tricks about Google, Bing, search engine marketing and search engine optimization
57. Search Engine Watch – very helpful site about SEM, SEO, PPC and Paid Search advertising
58. SEO Book Blog – another valuable blog about SEO
59. Smartpassiveincome.com – very smart blog about blogging and with very detailed income reports, owned by Pat Flynn
60. Johnchow.com – very interesting blog with one of the best free ebook: The Ultimate Blog Profit Model
61. ProBlogger.Net – most famous blog about making money online directed by (maybe even more famous 🙂 ) Darren Rowse
62. Dailyblogtips.com – blog about tips & tricks for bloggers. By Daniel Scocco.
63. Entrepreneurs-Journey.com – Yaro Starak gives here a lot of advises and tips for internet entrepreneurs
It’s very hard to describe all the staff, which is on each of the site. But I strongly recommend to visit them at least one time, to see what’s inside
64. PsychologyToday.com – a lot of articles, not only about motivation, but also about creativity, setting and achieving goals and lot more
65. Brian Tracy blog – official blog of Brian Tracy, motivational and self-help specialist
66. StephenCovey.com – website of Stephen Covey, author of bestseller: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Unfortunately his blog isn’t updated since some time, but despite this, there is a lot of motivational stuff on this website
67. FourHourWorkWeek.com – blog and site of famous author Tim Ferriss
68. StevePavlina.com – website of Steve Pavlina, blogger about personal development. Another great website!
69. Technorati.com – list of top 100 blogs
70. Bloggers.com – this website is dedicated for bloggers, categorizes blogs and bloggers
71. List of top blogs by Wikipedia – no comments 🙂
72. Top ten lists of blogs – top ten list of blogs by blogs.com
73. Top blogging news with Alltop– news from most popular blogs and more…
Unfortunately I didn’t use any of them, so there are only links to most popular reviews sites. If you have some experience with this type of sites, please share your knowledge and leave a comment
79. Digg.com – a social news site. Some time ago it was more popular than Facebook
80. StumbleUpon.com – recommend your website to more than 20 millions of StumbleUpon users
81. Reddit.com – social website, where you can submit your content and vote for another
82. Delicious.com –(in the past – del.icio.us) – you can find here a lot of cool sites and shares your own links with others
83. 4chan – this site mostly concerns on sharing images
84. Elance.com – marketplace for freelancers and people (or company) which want outsource their work
85. Guru.com – you can outsource your projects here or find freelancers for hire
86. oDesk.com – another website, where you can find job as freelancer or hire somebody to your projects
87. Wikipedia – free online encyclopedia with more than 20 million articles
88. Ask.com –most popular question-answering service
89. Facebook – most famous social site in the world. You must be in 🙂
90. Twitter – share short messages with others. Follow friends, experts and celebrities
91. LinkedIn – it’s world’s most popular professional and business-related network.
92. Google+ – another network, some people like it, some not 🙂
95. Live365.com – radio online with a lot of stations
96. Dilbert – you don’t know, who Dilbert is?
97. Demotivational Posters – you must see it!
98. Break.com – website with funny videos and pictures
99. Jokes.com – jokes for almost everyone
100. Garfield – and everything is clear…
Disclosure – please note, that some of the links above are affiliate links and I earn a commission, when you buy something via them.