You can become a good blogger in no time; Natural content-talent and a creative head over your shoulders are just enough to mesmerize your readers, but the scope of learning and improvement in the blogging field is endless, so it is always important to keep learning and growing day-on-day to become a great blogger, and of course the next obvious question that may raise in your minds would be, How do i go about it?
The Unanimous answer for this question will be to ‘engage with the other bloggers’; Below you can find some useful tips to engage with other bloggers effectively:
1. Engage with other bloggers by building networks
Social networks are one of the most effective and the natural ways for a particular blogger to engage with the other bloggers online by sharing, following or liking the blogs, through these social networks one can start to build niche communities and groups and start discussing or chatting personally on a particular blog and give/take some essential tips and feedback. According to the 2012 Social media marketing industry report, nearly 81% of the bloggers are using Facebook to promote their blogs.
Building blog networks will just help you to take your blogging career to the next level;
- Posting your comments on the blog posts from your niche bloggers – There are many great places on Social media like Tech crunch, Mashable.com etc.. where you can find and follow your great niche blog writers, every time when a new blog gets posted just go and have a look and leave your comments and feedback consistently, this will allow you to develop an understanding and gain attachment with that blogger gradually.
- Websites that support the bloggers to develop relationships – Now-a-days you can find many websites that help the bloggers to create their own social groups by opening accounts on their websites(websites like bloglovin, blog engage). Here the bloggers can engage with the other bloggers by sharing contents and getting featured on these websites.
- Skimlinks – Skimlinks is a place where bloggers make merry dollars, so here one Blogger can share his affiliate link(from his blog) with another blogger and build relationships.
2. Engage with other bloggers through Blog contests
Blog contest is a great place to get the maximum exposure for your blogging talent and also to engage with other bloggers; Contest can be of two types
- Blog contest – It is a competition where you can enter into a contest for free(or sometimes by paying a small entry fee) and participate to win prizes.
- Blog guest post contest – It is a competition where the authors compete by writing articles, and if the blog owner finds this article to be relevant, then he/she will post that article on his website, and in return the article’s author will be rewarded.
- You can get immense exposure, effective feedback and some Useful tips from the greatest bloggers around the world,
- You will be gifted with an opportunity to compare your contents against the other blogger’s contents,
- You can also Share Your Content with other bloggers and get a chance to get your blog featured which can attract many other bloggers and help you to engage with the bloggers.(Happens with guest post contests)
3. Engage with other bloggers through Blog forums
Blog forums help the debut bloggers to clear and discuss their doubts and get useful clarifications, Forums can also assist you to make money through your blogs. Blog forums will have separate tags for each of the niche blog subjects, like Tech talks, Social Media and so on.. So it will be very easy for you to find the exact subject to discuss with the correct persons and start to engage with the bloggers.
4. Engage with other bloggers through E-mail and Instant Messaging – A personal way to get noticed
Email and Instant messaging can help you to engage with other bloggers in a personal way, getting that emotional touch to your blogging relationships, here you can get to know about each others personal aspirations and understand each others tastes and style of writing, this will ultimately help in improving each other’s blog writing skills from a depth.
- Helps you to pass on a personal feedback – Sometimes you may feel that expressing your point of view through an open comment area is not sensible or that it may hurt the blogger, in these cases this mode of communication will help you to share and build special understandings.
- Sharing your contents – Once you get to know each other you may also seek to share your contents on his/her blog area and Vice versa.
- Probing doubts – While going through a blog you may develop a doubt or two, emailing these doubts to the recipient blogger can yield more details and the blogger will definitely feel recognized.
Apart from the above methods, you can also engage with other bloggers through Face-to-Face interactions that happens on the blogger’s seminars and conferences. You can get these schedules by simply searching for the results on Google for the anchor text ‘Bloggers conference’.
Being honest and sharing your tips and feedback truthfully will help you to earn trust from the peer bloggers, So say whatever you want to say promptly and clearly, this will certainly make your peer blogger’s extremely happy and will help you to build relationships.